CaliforniaxFashionxTrip

It seems like every year I usually end up in California for Summer or Winter breaks. For this Winter break, I found myself in Costa Mesa and Anaheim. It's safe to say that it's almost a tradition that my family and I go to Disneyland or some Disney related location every year. This year was the regular Disneyland in Anaheim.

After a 4 hour car ride to Costa Mesa, our first stop was The Lab. (When I mean "our" I mean my parents and I.) This was a small outdoor mall stylized in an urban/industrial architecture. The main reason we went to The Lab was for Buffalo Exchange. Photo below taken by me:


With the thoughts that this Buffalo Exchange was probably greater than the one in Las Vegas, I was excited to get inside. Unfortunately my thoughts were shattered when I walked in. It might just be me though, because every shopper is different, I didn't find much that I liked. The store itself was overly crowded with clothing to the point where the clothing felt like they were glued together. It was hard pushing clothes out of the way just to see how a shirt looked without taking it off the rack. After I rummaged through a few racks, I did get a few things. I purchased a nice Michael Kors shirt (sorry for the wrinkles), an American Apparel polo, a Levi's jacket, and a Paolo Mondo 100% Cashmere sweater. Pretty good purchases on my taste.





After the purchases I found that Urban Outfitters was only a couple of steps away. As my sister recently called me a "starving artist," I really had no money to spend there. Though the first thing that caught my eye when I walked in were the great amount of books they had. If you can't afford fashion, why not buy fashion books? One that specifically drew my attention was a book called "Alexander Mcqueen: Savage Beauty" which for the front cover was a lenticular design of Alexander Mcqueen himself transforming into a skull. I bought it. My dad bought the book "Banksy: Wall and Piece" because he instantly became interested in him. I remember seeing the book a long time ago, and I've seen Banksy's art all over the internet. You should definitely check out his work when you have the time.



So the next day was Disneyland. We all should of seen this coming, but it was overly crowded. We went on all the rides we wanted to go on though. By the end of our Disneyland day, my dad and I decided to sit on a bench where the main street was. This was the time to scout out some good outfits. Unfortunately I didn't bring my camera (stupid huh?) mainly for two reasons: I didn't want to lug it around on rides and I don't have my business cards printed so that people know where to go when looking for their pictures.
As my mom said before we headed out to Disneyland,"Dress Comfortably!" I think everyone took that advice. As my eyes were looking around, all I could spot were Uggs. (The winter form of flip-flops) Tons and tons of Uggs. Astronaut boots, Uggs, Uggs. I don't have anything against Uggs, I just thought it was a trend that happened 3 years ago. I know they're comfortable, but I know for a fact that there are tons of other shoes that give the same comfort that can be fashionable too. To me, when looking for a good outfit, you have to look at the shoes first, then work your way up. The shoes are a make it or break it. All I saw was a huge crowd of carbon copies walking at once. Wearing Uggs. It almost made me sad. Good thing I kept my camera at the hotel, because I would've brought it for nothing. Was that too harsh? On the other hand, there were a couple of people that stood out. A girl with her boyfriend/friend who was wearing white tights, black flats, a nice peacoat, with a blue and white polka dot dress peeking out from the coat. That outfit for sure would've been a WJfashionsnap! (The photo below was taken by my mom.)

Can you spot the Uggs?

As I wrap this up, I would like to acknowledge the presence of the great singer Lana Del Rey. She's become such a phenomenon in the past couple of weeks, and her music should be heard. As people usually heard me say, "I HATE MUSIC ON THE RADIO!" her music is definitely separated from the substance on the radio. Her voice is refreshing and her whole sound together is heaven. I will definitely follow her singing career because I take a huge interest in her. Below is one of her songs "Pawn Shop Blues" which was on her album Lana Del Rey aka Lizzy Grant/Nevada. One last thing, HAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY HOLIDAY!