Maison Martin Margiela x H&M
After months of anticipation and constantly looking over what I wanted to buy, the Maison Martin Margiela x H&M collaboration was launched on November 15, 2012. I woke up at 5:45 am because I wanted to leave my house by about 6:45 am to get in line (the official time it launches for the lined up shoppers was 8 am). So I got ready and dressed (studded leather) and drove my way to the Forum Shops. There's something about driving on the Strip at 6 in the morning with no cars that's surprisingly calming. As I walked to H&M I saw that living in Las Vegas had some benefits when it came to collaborations. There were only about 25 people in front of me. Like Marni x H&M, the line was incredibly short. I was in the first group this time and I was imagining what I was going to get. BLACK VISCOSE SHIRT FIRST. Everything else second. Ever since I saw Andrew Mukamal wearing the black viscose shirt in his Today's Look early access video on MMMxH&M, I knew that I just had to have it. While I was in line they handed out coffee, donuts, and a cologne/perfume sample of Untitled by Margiela. I thought that was pretty nice. They were putting on our wristbands for the first group (which was red) at around 7:50 for the 8:05 allotted time. At 8:05 they rounded the first group and we queued up for the special shopping area where the whole collection was beautifully placed (and about to be savagely messed with). They released us into the pit after the staff cheered for us and I was off to look for my viscose shirt. I found it and kept a good grip on it (not like anyone was fighting or anything). I saw mostly shoes being grabbed first (each shopper may buy 4 of each item in the 15 minute allotted time and boy did they) and then everyone grabbed from racks. Not many suits were being picked. Since I couldn't buy the nice brown sweater (funds are low) I decided to pick up the printed shirt version. I actually like the print better because it adds a twist by being a hybrid between a shirt and a sweater. Then I decided to get the supporter scarves sweater (I was contemplating on getting it because the actual item and the picture they advertise are differently designed but I figured that I go to the collabs because of what the designer aesthetic is and would rather buy a crazy sweater than a suit). I then walked over to the women's side to browse for any accessories (the men and women accessories could easily be unisex if you wanted). I remember seeing the hair lock necklace online and I saw it at the store with three colors: black, blonde, and brown. I decided to get the necklace in black. It's a fun and weird accessory that I think fits perfectly with the collection. I went to go check out since I got what I wanted and I was out of there in a total of about 20 minutes. The collection came with garment bags and really nice wooden hangers. They were all put in a huge bag (I'm not exaggerating when I say that I can almost sit in it). Shopping bags are my shopping trophies. Anyways, I'm very happy with the pieces I picked out. I go to collaborations to buy the clothes to wear for my enjoyment instead of slapping a $500 price tag on a $50 item on ebay. I love fashion and I buy to wear. The clothes are very well constructed and it definitely sparks an interest on Maison Martin Margiela as a fashion house. Below is the picture of me in line (I circled myself in red) photo by OMGeeMag as well as the pieces that I picked up. Look out for future posts of me wearing the pieces! xx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















Great collaboration
ReplyDeleteI liked your acquisitions !
I'm following you now!
http://www.thetrendysurfer.com/
I love the collection!
ReplyDeleteBut in Santander there aren't H&M :(
I'm your new follower, like your blog!!
Kisses from: http://elblogdeamayalavid.blogspot.com.es/
Oh Weston I'm ever so jealous! I don't live near a H&M and when I actually got to the London store, pretty much everything had sold other than a few duvet jackets (which were pretty tempting, I'll admit). You picked some excellent pieces, I was after the black viscose shirt for myself! I adore the scarves-based sweater too. MMM has a great way of present his labels and packaging, always adds a certain quality to a fashion house. And I know what you mean about people buying collabs and quadroopling the price for profit on ebay - it's ridiculous! Part of fashion is the enjoyment of the clothes, as you stated, and these people are just frauds.
ReplyDeleteExcellent post as always.
www.ameliaisnotcross.blogspot.co.uk
It's a great collaboration, the collection is amazing!
ReplyDeleteHello Wetson, my comment is coming very late BUT, I had the chance to get a jumper from that collection, the reassembled fair isle sweater (I found the original 4 years ago on yahoo-auction but I coulnd't order it ... to complicated from Japan.
ReplyDeleteGreat selection tho, and good post.