Thursday (March 8, 2012) was the launch of the Marni at H&M collection in select stores. If you don't know what Marni is, then check out the designer's website
here. The only store that was selected in Vegas was at The Forum Shops. So I woke up at 6 am and got there at around 7:30am. The store didn't open until 8am. They had a queue system set up with about 40 people ahead of me. Everyone got a colored wristband (color determined what time you will be shopping) in which 30 people were allowed to shop at a time. I was in the second group, and there was only one group after me. There wasn't a lot of people in line which surprised me. As the first group went in, I watched to see what was going on. I could only see the women's collection (my view was blocked) and everyone was picking up everything. I thought to myself, "what if nothing's left for the men's collection?" Just as I was thinking, workers were coming out with more clothes to restock. I knew that I might of had a chance to get something. I originally planned to get the circle patterned shirt first before everything else. My group was called in and I walked inside with excitement. Everything was there, almost like the first group didn't take anything. I actually had time to look at the clothes instead of grabbing them hoping that they were my size. So I grabbed the items that I really wanted (not grabbing clothes to sell on ebay). As I looked around, everyone was minding their own business but selecting clothes fast. There was no slapping or stealing, it was really relaxed. I collected all my clothes and went to go checkout. Waking up early was worth it.
 |
| Cotton shopping bag they gave me at checkout |
The clothes are definitely high quality and the prices are justified. I picked up a striped cashmere sweater, silk scarf, 3 cool cotton shirts, and a pair of blue chinos. When you look at the clothes in detail, they were really well made. I am definitely happy that I went instead of going late (ahem, Versace). I thank my Dad for taking me. Below are the clothes that I got:
 |
| Cashmere Sweater |
 |
| Circle Patterned Shirt |
 |
| Tribal Patterned Shirt |
 |
| Long Sleeve Blue Shirt |
 |
| Silk Scarf |
 |
| Blue Chinos |
Overall the experience was great and the collection is stunning! It was everything I was hoping for. Check back next week to see my Marni outfit! I'm excited to wear it!
No comments:
Post a Comment