My Top 3 Favorite Fashion Houses For Spring/Summer

As a fashion blogger, I draw inspiration from multiple fashion houses. I use the word "inspiration" quite literally because I can't afford designer clothing unless they're available at a thrift shop. As it's Summer emerging into Fall here in Vegas (meaning that it's an inferno out here) layers are at a bare minimum (no pun intended). I'm a layering type of guy and Summer is the hardest time to style my wardrobe. I feel like I'm wearing the same thing everyday when I match a shirt with shorts. There's hope though. If I find a day that is below 100 degrees, I take this chance to layer. I don't care if I suffer from hyperthermia, I want to look my best. May I drench my clothes in nothing but the love for fashion and YSL L'Homme.

Spring/Summer collections are light on layering. I keep my head up high when I flip through my endless fashion magazines. Looking at editorials full of designer inspiration, I use this time to collect images of myself wearing those clothes in my head. I soak and digest these wonderful images for what I call a "new project." If I like a print or a new structure of pants, I'll bookmark it, draw it, or visualize it in hopes of trying this new "look." Whether it's Summer or Winter, I'm always thinking ahead (and buying ahead) of what I think would look best on me. I like a clean, out of the ordinary, and organized look. It's funny how fashion consists of a shirt, pants, and shoes, yet designers can reconstruct them in a way that's fresh and new.

So here's my top 3 favorite fashion houses as of now (subject to change over time):

1. Jil Sander
Jil Sander is the embodiment of minimalism. While being minimal, the fashion house uses colors, textures, and tailoring to construct their clothing. Jil Sander takes basics to a whole new level and I love the look of it. From high waisted shorts/pants to dinosaur/whale sweaters; the mixes are brilliant. The thought that the clothing could be slightly humorous draws me closer. I'm very specific about graphics (please no tattoo-esque shirts) and Jil Sander makes a graphic sweater or shirt look like a necessity in the fashion world. There's a lot of clean lines and shapes (both graphic wise and tailoring wise) making for a very fresh look. You can never be wrong with a clean appearance. Jil Sander clothing reminds me of Piet Mondrian's Composition with Blue, Yellow, Red, and Black. Every color used in a collection seems to mix well together. There's both bright tones and dark tones and they go perfectly together. Nicely done Jil Sander. Plus she's back working at her label again. How exciting!


2. Marni
After learning about Marni through the H&M collaboration, I became a big fan. The Marni pieces I picked up are still my favorite pieces in my wardrobe (I wear the chinos all the time). Marni uses bold prints (right up my alley) mixed with shapes and colors. Whenever I think of Marni I think of the 60's. Mod Mod Mod. Marni is big on patterns/shapes and heavy on the pattern mixing. I don't delve much into pattern mixing (I'm starting to get into it, but I find it a little hard at times) but Marni gives me the sense that I can do it with ease. Mixing two patterns and layering it with a solid color gives it a toned down look while still going for a bold aesthetic.

My Marni x H&M outfit (click here to see post)


3. Dior Homme
I love dark colors (black, black, and black) during Winter and with some exceptions Summer/Spring. Dior Homme plays with the concept of basic colors. My instant love happened at the Dior boutique. The kind man working there helped me look at clothing when he says, "Wait, I have a vest in the back, the only one left, and I think it'll fit you perfectly." I wait for him while he's in the back. He pulls out a black hooded vest (I don't wear vests often, so I kind of second guessed it). He helps me put it on and I instantly fell in love. It was tailored perfection. I would've bought it on the spot if it wasn't so expensive. If you would like to see the vest that I tried on click here. He also pulled out some dress shirts with their signature bee embroidered logo on the bottom. I love Dior's dress shirts because they make them with the extra fabric to hide the buttons (I have a vintage Dior shirt like that). And to top everything off, he goes back one more time. He comes out with a black (short sleeved) shirt with leather trimmings. I instantly died. He was holding it up for me and I was staring at it for at least 5 minutes while caressing it. I felt sad and empty because I couldn't afford any of it. At least I know first hand what pieces I can style outfits from. Overall, Dior Homme has a minimalism taste while exploring simple colors. The fashion house also explores the beauty of construction. Dior Homme gives off a simple and clean aesthetic in every collection. With smooth lines and basic shapes, it's like starting new again but in modern times.





4 comments:

  1. You look effortlessly cool in that Marni x H&M outfit - you gotta love their ingenius prints. Dior's pieces are so perfect, I tried on a dress there once and I too fell in love but could not afford the price. Can't fail with minimalism either!

    Loved reading through your blog! Bagged yourself a devoted follower!

    www.ameliaisnotcross.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love minimalism but also a mix of bold patterns as well!

      -Weston

      Delete
  2. Nice dress in summer season.Very beautiful to see. Wonderful, standard and fashionable. Preferable to all. Color and designs are perfect. Nice combination. Hoping to have like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very stunning Marni x H&M outfit . Looking so cool. I prefer casual blazers for men fashion. But this one is so stylish and looking so smart. Dashing outfit.

    ReplyDelete